Reviews

Top Five New Music Releases

By Shakila Caldwell-

If you are as big a fan of music as I am, then you are probably always searching for what’s hot. It might be that new hip-hop jam the DJ plays on Saturday night or the one song that you play over and over and annoy all your family, friends, and neighbors. However you enjoy your music, here is a list of the top five new releases that I think you should definitely check-out!

1. Adele – Hello

Adele Cover

Adele album cover from Google+ 

I love Adele and how she manages to bring out so many emotions in her listeners. It is human nature to connect with music when the songs feels personal. I have listened to “Hello” at least 20 times a day since it was released. So if you have found yourself listening to Adele’s new single over and over, you are not alone.

2. Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean?

Justin Bieber's Album Purpose

Justin Bieber album cover from Facebook

The Biebs has done it yet again. He is back and better than ever. His recently released single is doing wonders on the chart and even managed to become the fastest song to hit over 100 million streams on Spotify. That’s what I am talking about, Biebster!

3. Jess Glynne- Take Me Home

Jess Glynne album cover

Jess Glynne album cover from Facebook 

It was a little over a week ago that I was surfing through YouTube and happened to come across Jess Glynne’s beautiful voice. I had never heard of her, but now her album “I Cry When I Laugh” is on repeat in my iTunes. Jess Glynne is one of those underrated artists you want everybody to fall in love with. “Take Me Home” is one of the songs on her album where you feel a personal connection to every word she says. In fact, that’s the same for all of her songs. She doesn’t hold anything back; she sings about real events and personal experiences. Jess has become one of my favorites, so if you don’t know her, she is worth checking out.

4. Jessie J- Flashlight

Jessie J

Jessie J from Facebook

Jessie J gives me life. As a matter of fact, Jessie J is life. Jessi slays every song she puts out, and every song she is featured on. Her powerful voice makes you go, “Yesss, Jessie, yesss!” She has been one of my favorites for a couple years now and I still can’t get enough of her. My current favorite single  of her’s is “Flashlight.” The song was first introduced in the movie Pitch Perfect 2, so you may have heard it there first. The single promotes happiness and embraces who she is. It is about someone who gives you light, in a moment of darkness.

5. Tori Kelly- It Should’ve Been Us

Tori Kelly Album cover

Tori Kelly album cover from Facebook

You may remember American Idol Season 9 contestant Tori Kelly. If you don’t, let’s shed some light on her. Tori Kelly was a contestant on American Idol that did not win. Yes, you read right, she didn’t win. Isn’t that absurd considering what an amazing singer she is? Recently Tori released her single “It Should Have Been Us” and it took YouTube by storm. Thousands of covers were released in the first week. The single is about a brutal breakup that she went through; how relatable is that? Tori is not only relatable, but also a powerhouse in the vocal department. She has an eccentric voice that is elegant and tasteful. I have been following Tori for some time now, and I absolutely cannot wait for her new music.

Categories: Reviews

Tagged as: ,